UNITED STATES (WSYR-TV) — Visa says you may be a prime target for criminals if you swipe your card at the gas pump.
Visa says they have identified three threats that they say were probably carried out by sophisticated cybercrime groups. Two of those attacks have targeted gas stations in the U.S.
Visa says the hacks came through a phishing email with a link that was sent to an employee. When that link was clicked, they were able to get financial information from customers.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Crunch fall to Comets 4-2
- NYS leaders react to second sexual harassment allegation against Gov. Cuomo
- Big win for SU men’s lacrosse, 10th-ranked Orange knock off 3rd-ranked Virginia
- ‘Our interior defense got us today:’ Jim Boeheim following loss at Georgia Tech
- Second woman accuses Governor Cuomo of sexual harassment
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9