(WSYR-TV) — Walgreens officials said it is looking to hire more than 9,500 full-time, part-time and temporary workers.
The boost in hiring comes in response to the coronavirus pandemic.
Officials said the positions include customer service associates, pharmacy technicians and shift leads.
Current full-time employees will receive $300, while part-time, hourly employees will receive $150.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Boxing Hall of Fame postpones 2020 induction ceremony to next year
- ‘Taco Tuesday’ Taco Bell plans to feed America this Tuesday
- Up to 200,000 US deaths foreseen as more cities stricken with COVID-19
- Highlights from Home 3-29-20
- Highlights from Home 3-28-20
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.