UNITED STATES (WSYR-TV) — Yahoo users can now file a claim for a piece of the $117.5 million class-action settlement related to massive data breaches.
If you had a Yahoo account between January 1, 2012 and December 31, 2016, you can get two years of free credit monitoring services or up to $358. That’s including traditional Yahoo email or accounts on Yahoo fantasy sports, Yahoo finance, Tumblr, and Flickr.
The data breach wasn’t disclosed until years later and is considered the largest hack in history.
The deadline to file a claim is July 20, 2020.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- ‘I feel fantastic’: Arnold Schwarzenegger undergoes heart surgery at Cleveland Clinic
- Dems and Trump trade blame for COVID-19 failures as election nears
- Family Healthcast: FDA clears 1st COVID-19 drug
- McDonald’s fan creates live map to track every broken ice cream machine in America
- Crews modify border wall to cut across last free-flowing river in Southern Arizona
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9