(WSYR-TV) — YouTube officials have announced changes due to coronavirus.
The company is now setting videos from default to standard definition.
In a statement, YouTube officials said the move is meant to “do our part to minimize the stress on the system during this unprecedented situation.”
While the change is expected to last around 30 days, users will still be able to manually change the resolution on their videos.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- NBT Bank Stadium project to resume on Wednesday; work reclassified as essential construction
- Fire in Clay causes severe damage to home, no one hurt
- WATCH: Showers diminish overnight, new showers for some Wednesday
- Oswego City Police host kids’ storytime on Facebook
- Syracuse Police investigating after 19-year-old goes to hospital with multiple gunshot wounds
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.