NEW YORK STATE (WYSR-TV) — The State Fair has been over for a few days, but the butter sculpture lives on, but only for a little while longer.
The butter has made its way to its final resting place at Noblehurst Farms in Pavillion. It is being recycled and turned into energy to power the farm.
The farm uses a biodigester to turn cow manure and food into recyclable energy.
Owners say the butter is an excellent source of energy.
“Milk production all the way to butter to the New York State Fair and now bringing it back to the farm to recycle it as energy and fertilizer,” said Chris Noble, owner of Noblehurst Farms and Natural Upcycling.
Noble says the farm will see a noticeable impact about 24 hours after the butter goes into the biodigester.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Syracuse Police crackdown on illegal dirt bikes, ATVs
- WATCH: Another hot, humid day Wednesday
- Sterling Renaissance Festival plans on opening this year, needs approval from state and local authorities
- 5 people hurt after crash in Elbridge
- La Linea targets police officers following arrest of top cartel lieutenant
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9