GEDDES, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — What would the New York State Fair be without a visit from Senator Chuck Schumer? The Minority Leader says Mother Nature got him to Central New York a little later than he planned.
“There was bad storms in New York City so it took me a while. So I sat on the runway for a couple hours, but I’m here,” Schumer said in the middle of greeting fairgoers. “It gets better every year and it’s exciting and it’s great and it brings people from all over New York State, from all over the country, they see what a great area Central New York is. I love the fair and I haven’t eaten all day and a sausage and pepper sandwich is right where I’m headed.”
Here’s a little fun fact: Schumer has never missed the New York State Fair since becoming a senator.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Syracuse Police crackdown on illegal dirt bikes, ATVs
- WATCH: Another hot, humid day Wednesday
- Sterling Renaissance Festival plans on opening this year, needs approval from state and local authorities
- 5 people hurt after crash in Elbridge
- La Linea targets police officers following arrest of top cartel lieutenant
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9