TOWN OF GEDDES, NY (WSYR-TV) — As we make our way through the final days of August without the New York State Fair due to COVID-19, locasyr.com is providing you with a slice of the state fair.
In this continuation of our look at the history of the fair, we begin with the role of the fairgrounds in World War I.
More State Fair Coverage:
- WATCH: Time lapse of the demolition of The Fair butter sculpture
- New York State Fair saw over half a million fewer guests this year than in 2019, here’s an attendance breakdown
- NYS Fair Director: it would be ‘wise to move back’ to 13-day fair, 18 days is less sustainable
- Lose something at the state fair? State Troopers are keeping it safe- learn how to retrieve items here
- New York’s beef farmers recognized at State Fair for Beef Day
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9