TOWN OF GEDDES, NY (WSYR-TV) — As we make our way through the final days of August without the New York State Fair due to COVID-19, locasyr.com is providing you with a slice of the state fair.
In this continuation of our look at the history of the fair, we begin with the role of the fairgrounds in World War I.
More State Fair Coverage:
- Paul Basilio from Basilio Sausage dies at 92
- Phase two of Orange Lot access improvement project complete at NYSF
- NYS Fair 2020 butter sculpture recycled at Western New York farm
- Voting Now Open: NewsChannel 9 team debuts “Sweet ‘N’ Salt Shake” in State Fair virtual milkshake contest
- Pizze Fritte marks untraditional 60th year being part of the NYS Fair
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9