SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — A new report from the U.S. Labor Department shows the worst unemployment since the Great Depression. Russell Weaver, an economic geographer with Cornell University’s School of Industrial and Labor Relations, breaks down the numbers and explains the deep challenges that lie ahead for economic recovery during and after the COVID-19 pandemic.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- More guidance on stimulus debit cards to come in July
- WATCH: Some storms with heavy rain this afternoon and evening
- 6 people hospitalized after shooting near Clinton Avenue and Kelly Street in Rochester
- Happy Birthday to our Champions for Saturday, July 11th!
- News on the Go for Saturday, July 11th
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.