SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Central New York continues to be a hotspot for Lyme Disease and other tick-borne illnesses. As more people start to move outside during the COVID-19 pandemic, the brand new CNY Lyme and Tick-Borne Disease Alliance is warning that deer ticks are abundant this spring. The lone star tick, which can transmit several other diseases, has also made its first appearance in our region. Dan’s guests are Doctors Kristopher Paolino and Saravanan Thangamani from Upstate University Hospital’s Infectious Disease Unit and Royale Scuderi, Executive Director of the CNY Lyme and Tick-Borne Disease Alliance.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Stimulus check update: Democrats prepare $2.4T virus relief measure
- Salt City Market opening date pushed back to January
- Custodians going the extra mile to keep students and teachers safe
- President Trump unveils health care plan, signs order protecting preexisting conditions
- Josh Allen surprises young fan battling cancer
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.