ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — The NYS 2021 budget is prohibiting gender-price based discrimination for similar or like kind goods and services.
The legislation would require certain service providers to provide price lists for standard services upon request and notice that gender-base price discrimination is not allowed under state law.
Businesses who violate the law would be subject to civil penalties.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- More than 14,000 without power in CNY
- 4 Minneapolis officers fired after death of black man
- Oneida Co: Two additional COVID-19 deaths
- Syracuse University plans for students to pick up belongings
- Remembering 102-year-old Stella Corona who died of COVID-19 after living a life bookended by pandemics
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.