ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10)- The New York Hate Crime Anti-Terrorism Act included in the 2021 New York budget seeks to target domestic terrorism hate crimes.
The law makes “domestic acts of terrorism motivated by hate” an A-1 class felony. Those convicted of the felony would face up to life in prison without the ability of parole.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Remembering 102-year-old Stella Corona who died of COVID-19 after living a life bookended by pandemics
- As region locked down for COVID-19 crime dropped in Syracuse
- New York State-funded Enhanced DeWitt Rail Yard project set to be finished by July
- WATCH: Onondaga County’s COVID-19 update at 3 p.m.
- U.S. Census Bureau will begin delivering questionnaire packets on Wednesday
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.