UPDATE: Derrick Jones has been taken into police custody after tips from NewsChannel 9 viewers revealed his location.
The tips took police to the 1000 block of South Townsend Street on Tuesday where they found Jones.
He ran into an apartment when he saw police, but was eventually taken into custody.
SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Syracuse Police are putting NewsChannel 9 viewers on the lookout for Derrick Jones.
On May 31 at 3:30 a.m. Jones reportedly violated a stay-away order of protection, broke into the victim’s residence, and continually punched the victim. The victim was treated at a local hospital for a laceration to her head, requiring several stitches.
Jones has been arrested locally 37 times. He has an active arrest warrant for Burglary in the 1st degree, Criminal Contempt in the 1st degree, and Assault in the 3rd degree.
Derrick Jones is a 38-year-old Black male with black hair and brown eyes. He’s 5’09”, 185 pounds. His last known address is 139 Dablon Court 1C in downtown Syracuse.
If you have information on Jones’s whereabouts contact the SPD Warrants Squad at 315-442-5230.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- NYS COVID-19 Update: Hot spot in Chemung County sees spike in Saturday’s test results
- Second stimulus checks: Pelosi still hoping to strike deal before election
- Views on immigration, border wall set New Mexico congressional candidates apart
- Americans sweet on chocolate, baked goods during pandemic, study finds
- VP Pence’s top aide tests positive for coronavirus
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.