ONONDAGA COUNTY, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Another Fugitive of the Week feels the heat, and has turned himself into Onondaga County Sheriff’s Deputies after NewsChannel 9 put you on the lookout for him.
Detectives say Edward Coplin, 32, failed to make his court appearances on a drug charge.
Last year, Syracuse firefighters found Coplin unconscious and unresponsive behind the wheel of his car in Thorden Park. A bag of cocaine was found in the center console. Detectives say Coplin regained consciousness and took off with the bag when police arrived. They caught up with him, making his 21st arrest since 2002.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Overnight curfew enacted for City of Syracuse until further notice
- Highlights from Home 5-30-20
- Syracuse Mayor Ben Walsh statement on protests in Syracuse Saturday night
- Syracuse Police: Protestors damage buildings downtown, residents asked to avoid 500 block of South State St.
- National Guard troops sent to Atlanta; city invokes curfew