ITHACA, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Police are on the lookout for the driver of a car involved in a hit-and-run that sent a woman to the hospital Friday night.
According to Ithaca Police, officers were called to Fairgrounds Memorial Parkway around 10 p.m. for a crash investigation.
When police arrived, they discovered that there was some type of fight and a vehicle struck a woman.
After hitting the woman, the driver of the vehicle did not stop and fled the scene.
The woman was flown to a hospital, but the severity of her injuries is unclear at this time.
The driver has not been identified and police say they are looking for a dark colored four-door sedan.
If anyone has any information regarding this incident, you’re asked to call Ithaca Police at 607-330-0000. You can also send an anonymous tip to the Ithaca Police Department by clicking here.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Debate quiz: Who said it? Biden or Trump?
- Who won the Trump-Biden debate? 6 key moments from the final showdown
- WATCH: Reaching for a record high Friday
- Mental and behavioral health advocates say more funding needed to address concerns
- Caught on camera: Arizona border agents expel 14 migrants into desolate desert town in Mexico
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.