10/8/2020 UPDATE: Syracuse Police have arrested Kenneth Kaufman, 35, of Syracuse, for allegedly trying to rape a 22-year-old Syracuse University student on Wednesday.
Police found that Kaufman is not affiliated with SU. He was found in the 1400 block of South Salina Street. He was arrested and charged with the following:
- Attempted rape in the first degree
- Robbery in the third degree
- Criminal mischief in the fourth degree
The Syracuse Police Department worked with the Syracuse University Department of Public Safety and the SUNY ESF Police during this investigation.
SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Syracuse Police were looking for a suspect who allegedly attacked a runner while naked at Oakwood Cemetery.
On Wednesday around 7:45 a.m. Syracuse Police responded to a report of a student being attacked while running through Oakwood Cemetery.
The suspect had reportedly jumped out of the bushes and attacked the student. The student started to scream and a fellow runner came to help.
Then, the suspect took the victim’s cell phone and ran from the scene going northbound.
According to the witness, the man wasn’t wearing any clothes and was described as a tall, white man who was about 30 to 40 years old. The witness also said he had an athletic build, short blond hair and no facial hair.
If you know any information, please contact the Syracuse Police Department at 315-442-5222 or the Syracuse University Department of Public Safety at 315-443-2224.
If you want to report information anonymously then use the Silent Witness tool.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Debate quiz: Who said it? Biden or Trump?
- Who won the Trump-Biden debate? 6 key moments from the final showdown
- WATCH: Reaching for a record high Friday
- Mental and behavioral health advocates say more funding needed to address concerns
- Caught on camera: Arizona border agents expel 14 migrants into desolate desert town in Mexico
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.