UNITED STATES (WSYR-TV) — Mical Seafood has voluntarily issued a recall on their frozen tuna products for potentially high levels of histamine. The recall expands to yellowfin tuna loins, tuna poke, tuna steaks, tuna ground meat, and tuna saku.
High levels of histamines can produce an allergic reaction leading to a tingling or burning sensation in the mouth, facial swelling, rash, hives and itchy skin, nausea, vomiting or diarrhea.
The product was sold in 23 states, including New York, and was produced in April and May of this year.
If you have this product, you’re asked to throw it away.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Syracuse Police & Syracuse University DPS investigating swastika etched in snow
- Six Westhill student-athletes honored at signing ceremony
- WATCH: Quiet for now in CNY but arctic air to return
- Dropcopter wins $500,000 from GROW NY
- Group seeking to protect historic church, cemetery from border wall construction
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9