UNITED STATES (WSYR-TV) — Mical Seafood has voluntarily issued a recall on their frozen tuna products for potentially high levels of histamine. The recall expands to yellowfin tuna loins, tuna poke, tuna steaks, tuna ground meat, and tuna saku.
High levels of histamines can produce an allergic reaction leading to a tingling or burning sensation in the mouth, facial swelling, rash, hives and itchy skin, nausea, vomiting or diarrhea.
The product was sold in 23 states, including New York, and was produced in April and May of this year.
If you have this product, you’re asked to throw it away.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- New York ranked first nationwide for digital learning plans, 9th best state for teachers
- VIDEO: Thousands of starfish wash up on Navarre Beach after Hurricane Sally
- Find Great Stress Relievers At Witty Wicks
- Over $17 million in funding awarded to Plattsburgh and Saratoga airports
- Following lead exposure violations, New York Attorney General files lawsuit against Buffalo group
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9