UNITED STATES (WSYR-TV) — Nissan is recalling more than 450,000 vehicles worldwide because a brake fluid leak could cause them to catch fire.
The company is now urging owners to park the vehicles outdoors and away from structures if the antilock brake light comes on for more than 10 seconds.
The recall covers the Nissan Murano SUV from 2015 through 2018, and Nissan Maxima sedans from 2016 through 2018.
This is Nissan’s third recall for the same problem, and the company keeps expanding the number of affected models. Dealers now will replace the pumps on all of the vehicles.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Onondaga County’s orange zone sees an increase in their COVID-19 positive rate
- Tiana Mangakahia leads the way for Syracuse in 50-39 win over Stony Brook
- Jamesville-DeWitt keeping schools open as 3 students and 2 staff members test positive for COVID-19
- Onondaga County announces schedule for second wave of schools to receive mandatory COVID-19 testing
- No. 4 Clemson, QB Lawrence throttle Pittsburgh 52-17
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9