UNITED STATES (WSYR-TV) — Nissan is recalling more than 450,000 vehicles worldwide because a brake fluid leak could cause them to catch fire.
The company is now urging owners to park the vehicles outdoors and away from structures if the antilock brake light comes on for more than 10 seconds.
The recall covers the Nissan Murano SUV from 2015 through 2018, and Nissan Maxima sedans from 2016 through 2018.
This is Nissan’s third recall for the same problem, and the company keeps expanding the number of affected models. Dealers now will replace the pumps on all of the vehicles.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Coach O says LSU NEEDS this Spring Game
- Cortland runs away with 19-5 win vs. Brockport
- WATCH: Enjoy the warm Wednesday as CNY’s weather to change for the end of the week
- Shooting on Hawley Ave in Syracuse injures 15-year-old
- Oswego Health Department to hold COVID-19 vaccine clinic in Fulton on April 17th
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9