NEW YORK STATE (WSYR-TV) — The New York State Health Department says that the number of flu cases in New York are going down.
However, there have been three pediatric flu deaths this past week.
The number of lab confirmed cases has gone down by 17 percent.
Last week alone, there were more than 14,000 cases reported to the state, 289 of those cases were in Onondaga County.
The number of weekly hospitalizations is down 23 percent, with more than 1,500 New Yorkers affected.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- One person taken to the hospital in early morning Syracuse shooting
- ESM girls stay unbeaten with shutout win over Cortland
- CBA girls win their 5th straight game
- WATCH: Rain changing to snow over CNY overnight
- Clemson star quarterback Trevor Lawrence tests positive for COVID-19