ALBANY, NY. (WSYR-TV) – Governor Andrew Cuomo says he’ll introduce legislation to ban all flavored nicotine e-cigarette products as well as vaping advertisements aimed at youth.
The Democrat announced Sunday that legislation he’ll propose in his 2020 State of the State agenda on January 8th will also prohibit online, phone and mail-order sale of e-cigarettes to everyone except registered retailers.
The legislation would arrange emergency regulations adopted by state health officials in September to ban flavored e-cigarette sales. That ban is on hold pending a court challenge by the vaping industry led by the Vapor Technology Association.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- 103-year-old says 2020 has been the craziest year she’s seen
- Illinois woman charged with battery after dispute with masks, yelling ‘white power’
- 6-year-old Arkansas girl jumps into action saving family in UTV accident
- ‘My buddy Jeff needs a kidney’; Colorado man searches for kidney donor for himself with help from his pup
- Baby on board: Tampa Bay woman gives birth on pontoon boat on 4th of July
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9