ROCHESTER, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — A former Rochester judge has been released from prison before her original sentence was up.
Leticia Astacio was sentenced to six months behind bars last November, after she pleaded guilty to violating her probation from a DWI charge in 2016.
This was also not her first time facing criminal charges. She was acquitted of a felony weapons charge for trying to purchase a shotgun.
Astacio also ran for Rochester City Council in 2019, but lost the Democratic primary to current Rep. Jose Peo.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- SU women fall short at top-ranked Louisville
- Christian Brothers Academy announces annual Corvette raffle winner
- Honoring their hometown heroes: Some Bills players get extra support ahead of Sunday’s game
- Military helicopter crash: U.S. Army investigators to arrive Friday at Mendon site
- WATCH: Squalls to move through CNY Friday
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9