ROCHESTER, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — A former Rochester judge has been released from prison before her original sentence was up.
Leticia Astacio was sentenced to six months behind bars last November, after she pleaded guilty to violating her probation from a DWI charge in 2016.
This was also not her first time facing criminal charges. She was acquitted of a felony weapons charge for trying to purchase a shotgun.
Astacio also ran for Rochester City Council in 2019, but lost the Democratic primary to current Rep. Jose Peo.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Senators updated on fast-track COVID-19 vaccine program
- Travelers heading south through Mexicali in for screenings, long border waits
- House coronavirus panel examines medical companies’ concerns over PPE shortages
- Family Healthcast: How to keep safe during the Fourth of July weekend
- Dr. Thomas talks COVID-19 and the Fourth of July weekend
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9