JEFFERSON COUNTY, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — A 21-year-old Fort Drum man is facing animal cruelty charges after a German Shepard was found locked in a storage unit without water.
The dog was discovered in early September after someone reported hearing an animal whining inside the unit on Route 11 in the Town of Leray.
The dog was 30 pounds underweight, had a severe flea infection and an internal parasite.
Matthew Majestic was given an appearance ticket to appear in court in October.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- President Trump nominates Amy Coney Barrett to Supreme Court
- New York State Trooper seriously injured in 190 North crash in Buffalo Saturday morning
- Sisters of missing Canastota woman searching for answers
- Oneida County Health Department announces 3 potential COVID-19 exposures
- Watch: The Sunday Mass from the Syracuse Roman Catholic Diocese
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.