ALBANY, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — An issue covered in Governor Cuomo’s recently released budget proposal would help families cover the cost of raising children.
Cuomo’s proposal would expand the state’s child tax credit to children under four years old.
The governor says the move would help nearly 400,000 families with annual gross incomes of $50,000 or less, who are struggling with the cost of raising children.
According to the New York State website, Cuomo’s asking for $157 million to expand the Empire State Child Tax Credit.
Lawmakers have until April 1 to pass the budget.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Georgia Tech tops Duke in overtime to win 5th in a row
- WATCH: Quick warm up for Wednesday, can we crack 40 degrees?
- Stimulus check latest: Biden urges Senate Democrats to rally behind $1.9T COVID-19 bill
- Pittsburgh eases past Wake Forest 70-57 to snap 5-game skid
- 75 groups receiving funding for workforce development