ALBANY, N.Y. (WROC) — In an update to New Yorkers Sunday, Governor Kathy Hochul provided a report on the state’s progress combating COVID-19.
“With the colder months and holiday travel season quickly approaching, we know how to prevent the spread of this deadly virus in our communities,” Gov. Hochul said. “Get the vaccine if you have not already, get the booster shot to add another layer of defense, get tested before gathering with others, and stay home if you feel sick. This is no time to let our guard down.”
Today’s data is summarized briefly below:
- Test Results Reported – 191,142
- Total Positive – 6,857
- Percent Positive – 3.59%
- 7-Day Average Percent Positive – 3.77%
- Patient Hospitalization – 2,292 (+43)
- Patients Newly Admitted – 334
- Patients in ICU – 453 (-2)
- Patients in ICU with Intubation – 227 (-7)
- Total Discharges – 213,162 (+298)
- New deaths reported by healthcare facilities through HERDS – 31
- Total deaths reported by healthcare facilities through HERDS – 46,221
The Health Electronic Response Data System is a NYS DOH data source that collects confirmed daily death data as reported by hospitals, nursing homes and adult care facilities only.
- Total deaths reported to and compiled by the CDC – 58,789
This daily COVID-19 provisional death certificate data reported by NYS DOH and NYC to the CDC includes those who died in any location, including hospitals, nursing homes, adult care facilities, at home, in hospice and other settings.
- Total vaccine doses administered – 29,087,332
- Total vaccine doses administered over past 24 hours – 96,564
- Total vaccine doses administered over past 7 days – 694,322
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with at least one vaccine dose – 85.3%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with completed vaccine series – 78.0%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with at least one vaccine dose (CDC) – 89.8%
- Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with completed vaccine series (CDC) – 80.2%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with at least one vaccine dose – 73.4%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with completed vaccine series – 66.0%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with at least one vaccine dose (CDC) – 76.9%
- Percent of all New Yorkers with completed vaccine series (CDC) – 68.0%
Each region’s 7-day average of cases per 100K population is as follows:
|Central New York||36.73||43.14||51.80|
|New York City||10.15||12.35||15.40|
|Western New York||42.14||56.66||69.95|
Each region’s 7-day average percentage of positive test results reported over the last three days is as follows:
|Region||Thursday, November 18, 2021||Friday, November 19, 2021||Saturday, November 20, 2021|
|Central New York||6.33%||6.45%||6.70%|
|New York City||1.54%||1.57%||1.60%|
|Western New York||9.48%||9.48%||9.65%|
Each New York City borough’s 7-day average percentage of positive test results reported over the last three days is as follows:
|Borough in NYC||Thursday, November 18, 2021||Friday, November 19, 2021||Saturday, November 20, 2021|
Yesterday, 6,857 New Yorkers tested positive for COVID-19 in New York State, bringing the total compiled by HERDS to 2,647,941. A geographic breakdown is as follows:
|County||Total Positive||New Positive|
Yesterday, 31 New Yorkers died due to COVID-19, bringing the total to 46,221. A geographic breakdown is as follows, by county of residence:
|Deaths by County of Residence|
All New York State mass vaccination sites are open to eligible New Yorkers aged 12 years and older for walk-in vaccination on a first-come, first-serve basis, with 10 sites open to eligible New Yorkers aged 5 and older. People who would prefer to schedule an appointment at a state-run mass vaccination site can do so on the Am I Eligible App or by calling 1-833-NYS-4-VAX.
People may also contact their local health department, pharmacy, doctor or hospital to schedule appointments where vaccines are available, or visit vaccines.gov to find information on vaccine appointments near them.
New Yorkers looking to schedule vaccine appointments for 5-11-year-old children are encouraged to contact their child’s pediatrician, family physician, county health departments, Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs), rural health centers, or pharmacies that may be administering the vaccine for this age group.
Parents and guardians can visit vaccines.gov, text their ZIP code to 438829, or call 1-800-232-0233 to find nearby locations. Make sure that the provider offers the Pfizer-BioNTechCOVID-19 vaccine, as the other COVID-19 vaccines are not yet authorized for this age group.
Visit our new website for parents and guardians for new information, frequently asked questions and answers, and resources specifically designed for parents and guardians of this age group.
Yesterday, 26,077 New Yorkers received their first vaccine dose, and 9,308 completed their vaccine series. A geographic breakdown of New Yorkers who have been vaccinated by region is as follows:
|People with at least one vaccine dose||People with complete vaccine series|
|Increase over past 24 hours||Cumulative |
|Increase over past 24 hours|
|Central New York||610,677||1,217||559,706||184|
|New York City||7,124,058||13,805||6,348,105||6,534|
|Western New York||885,371||2,219||802,459||386|