(WSYR-TV) — A Time-honored Fourth of July tradition is set to return on Saturday: the Nathan’s Famous Hot Dog eating contest.
The world’s top-ranked eater, Joey Chestnut, and women’s champion Miki Sudo weighed-in for the event on Friday afternoon.
In 2019, Chestnut downed 71 hot dogs and buns in just 10 minutes while Sudo chowed down 31.
Competitors have been cramming hot dogs into their mouths since Nathan’s first contest back in 1972.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- WATCH: A couple showers this afternoon
- NY’s largest teachers union responds to reopening schools this fall
- Gov. Cuomo provides Saturday coronavirus update for NYS; positive rate remains below 1%
- Syracuse Police investigating after man says he was shot at Saturday morning
- Happy Birthday to our Champions for Saturday, August 8th!
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.