SYRACUSE, N.Y. (AP) — New York officials are challenging a federal judge’s ruling in favor of two couples who wanted to have more than 50 people at their weddings despite the state’s pandemic-related restrictions.
U.S. District Judge Glenn T. Suddaby issued a preliminary injunction Friday that allowed a western New York golf club to accommodate more than 50 people for the weddings, though the venue has to operate under the same 50% capacity rule as restaurants serving dinner indoors.
Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s administration told the federal court this week they are appealing the ruling as they seek a temporary restraining order.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Five former Orange invited to USA women’s lacrosse tryouts
- Actor Jeff Bridges reveals he has been diagnosed with lymphoma
- Bills offense sputters, ‘needs to go back to the drawing board’
- 4 Observations: Chiefs run over Bills 26-17
- WATCH: Rain continues overnight, tapers midday Tuesday
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.