NEW YORK STATE (WSYR-TV) — Unemployed New Yorkers may be getting a little more help in the upcoming weeks thanks to additional funding from FEMA.
The state got approval for that FEMA grant under the Lost Wages Assistance Program. The grant allows New York to provide $300 per week on top of regular unemployment benefits for those out of work due to the pandemic.
FEMA will be working with Gov. Andrew Cuomo to put together a system to make those funds available to New Yorkers.
There is no word yet on when those extra funds will be released.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- New youth center and skatepark opens in Oswego
- Do campaign signs still matter in 2020?
- Here’s Trump’s latest path to an election night win
- Man fires gunshots at Syracuse police officer early Saturday morning, suspect has not been located
- Syracuse brings the fight, but top-ranked Clemson overpowers the Orange 47-21
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.