OLD FORGE, N.Y. (WWTI) — The Stillwater Fire Tower is officially closed through the fall.
The New York State Department of Environmental Conservation has announced that access to the Stillwater Fire Tower officially closed on October 13.
The Fire Tower is located on the Big Moose Tract Conservation Easement in Herkimer County.
According to the DEC, access to the tower is closed annually from the second Tuesday in October through December 20. This is due to a Recreation Management Plan as the Tower is located on private land.
Additionally, the DEC stated that those individuals that enter this property during the closed period could face prosecution for trespassing.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Actor Jeff Bridges reveals he has been diagnosed with lymphoma
- Bills offense sputters, ‘needs to go back to the drawing board’
- 4 Observations: Chiefs run over Bills 26-17
- WATCH: Rain continues overnight, tapers midday Tuesday
- More than 1,700 Onondaga County neighbors applied to be Election inspectors
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.