SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) – Police and firefighters were called to a restaurant on Burnet Avenue early Sunday morning after reports of a fire.
911 dispatchers said they received a call 1:40 a.m. from someone who saw smoke coming from “Oompa Loompyas,” a self-described Filipino Fusion restaurant at the corner of South Crouse Avenue.
It took firefighters only a few minutes to put out, what appeared to be some smoldering siding, although the extent of the damage is unknown.
We are unaware of the cause at this time.
NewsChannel 9 has reached out to the Syracuse Police Department and the Syracuse Fire Department for more information.