SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Motorists are asked to find alternate routes through Thursday as there will be some daytime ramp closures on part of Interstate 81 and Interstate 690.
Through June 11 from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m., the New York State Department of Transportation will be repairing the Interstate 81 southbound ramp to Interstate 690 eastbound. This will cause lane closures on I-690 east from West Street to Catherine Street.
A detour will direct traffic to use Exit 18, which is the Harrison Street/Adams Street exit, and to re-enter I-81 northbound to access I-690 eastbound.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- WATCH: Most refreshing night in 6 weeks for many!
- Teachers Unions demand clear guidance before heading back to the classroom
- Next item to check off the list this year: Hottest summer in Syracuse
- School nurse takes NewsChannel 9 inside C-NS’s ‘isolation room’
- Syracuse Mayor Ben Walsh encourages community members to fill out census
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.