SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Syracuse Police are investigating after a woman was stabbed Tuesday night.
Officers were called to the intersection of North Geddes Street and Richmond Avenue just before 8:30 p.m. When they arrived, they found a woman stabbed in the chest. She was rushed to the hospital.
According to Syracuse Police, a 17-year-old girl was breaking up a fight at the intersection. While attempting to break up a fight, a man stabbed her in the center of the chest. That person is being sought by police.
Anyone who saw what happened is urged to call detectives at (315) 442-5222. Calls will remain confidential.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Bills LB Tyrel Dodson has strong first NFL start filling in for Tremaine Edmunds
- BOX SCORE: Giants 13, Bears 17; Saquon Barkley feared to have torn ACL
- Syracuse: Potentially the driest September on record
- Two Bills rookies score their first NFL touchdowns in win over Miami
- Syracuse University residence floor in quarantine after new cases of COVID-19
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9