SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — The Honorable Bernadette Romano Clark won re-election to the New York State Supreme Court 5th Judicial District Tuesday night. Clark, a Democrat who is endorsed by the Republican Party, received 154,711 votes.
State Senator, Republican Robert Antonacci, is currently running second with a slight lead over fellow Republican Joseph Lamendola. Antonacci has 89,707 votes, while Lamendola garnered 88,578 votes. Democrat Julie Cerio is currently in fourth with 85,034 votes and Syracuse City Court Judge, Democrat Rory McMahon, has 68,093 votes.
Three candidates are elected to the bench.
There are still thousands of absentee ballots to be counted in the district that covers Herkimer, Jefferson, Lewis, Oneida, Onondaga and Oswego Counties.
The winners will earn a 14-year term to the court.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- ‘She is the female Scalia’: Lawmakers react to President Trump picking Amy Coney Barrett to replace RBG
- WATCH: A breezy, mild summery night is in store tonight
- Happy birthday to our Champions on Saturday, September 26th
- Freshman running back Sean Tucker powers the Orange to a 37-20 victory under new Dome roof
- Dino Babers reacts to SU’s first win of the season: “It was a good team win”