UNITED STATES (WSYR-TV) — A familiar face in Central New York, Howie Hawkins has received the Socialist Party USA nomination for the 2020 presidential race.
Hawkins’ campaign says that’s one step closer to building a campaign to earn the Green Party endorsement, looking to earn nominations from several parties that range from Progressive to Socialist, uniting the independent left to challenge the democrats and republicans.
Hawkins is no stranger to running for office. He most recently placing third in New York’s Governor race. He supports clean energy, expanding funding for education and universal health care.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Mega Millions could bring you multi-millions as jackpot climbs well over $400M
- WATCH: Enjoy another nice evening CNY!
- Stone Foltz investigation: 21 Bowling Green students face code of conduct violations
- St. Joseph’s College of Nursing commencement welcomes 86 new nurses into Central New York
- Inside NY Baseball: Yankee prospect Estevan Florial; this week’s Press Pass
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9