UNITED STATES (WSYR-TV) — A familiar face in Central New York, Howie Hawkins has received the Socialist Party USA nomination for the 2020 presidential race.
Hawkins’ campaign says that’s one step closer to building a campaign to earn the Green Party endorsement, looking to earn nominations from several parties that range from Progressive to Socialist, uniting the independent left to challenge the democrats and republicans.
Hawkins is no stranger to running for office. He most recently placing third in New York’s Governor race. He supports clean energy, expanding funding for education and universal health care.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Frosty views and record cold for Syracuse Saturday
- News on the Go for Saturday, September 19th
- Happy Birthday to our Champions for Saturday, September 19th
- WATCH: Cool, dry and fall-like Saturday
- 2 dead, 14 more injured in mass shooting on Rochester’s northeast side
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9