UNITED STATES (WSYR-TV) — A familiar face in Central New York, Howie Hawkins has received the Socialist Party USA nomination for the 2020 presidential race.
Hawkins’ campaign says that’s one step closer to building a campaign to earn the Green Party endorsement, looking to earn nominations from several parties that range from Progressive to Socialist, uniting the independent left to challenge the democrats and republicans.
Hawkins is no stranger to running for office. He most recently placing third in New York’s Governor race. He supports clean energy, expanding funding for education and universal health care.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Orange cruises past Colgate at the Dome
- Country’s female stars kick off CMA Awards
- Brindisi named to Armed Services Committee
- SU ending Hong Kong Study Abroad semester early due to violence
- Diplomats speak out as impeachment inquiry goes public
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9