ONONDAGA COUNTY, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Syracuse City Auditor Marty Masterpole (D) narrowly defeated Onondaga County Comptroller Matthew Beadnell Tuesday.
With 100% of precincts reporting Masterpole received 52% of the vote while Beadnell got 48%.
Masterpole, who previously lost in the race for Syracuse Mayor back in 2017, was seemingly behind during much of the campaign. Beadnell held a wide fundraising lead throughout the race.
Beadnell was pursuing his first attempt at elected office. He was previously appointed to be Comptroller in 2018 after Bob Antonacci II was elected to the New York State Senate.
Neither candidate was a registered CPA.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- How secure is voting by mail?
- Governor excluded from presidential visit as leaders spar over water payments to the United States
- BKL Poll: Which Raiders player will cause the biggest problem for
- Playbook week 4 | No. 1 Clemson, UVa face off in primetime
- Easy Make-At-Home Apple Crisp