ELMIRA, NY (WETM) – On Tuesday evening, the candidates for the 23rd Congressional District of New York come together to debate live in Elmira, New York.
Incumbent Tom Reed and Tracy Mitrano answered questions from our viewers for the one-hour debate. The debate aired live on WETM-TV in Elmira, WSYR in Syracuse and News10 in Albany, along with other Nexstar affiliated station’s website.
During the debate the candidates discussed a wide range of topics from COVID-19, the economy, broadband internet, and police reform.
Congressman Reed opened the debate by holding up a brick, days after one was left at his home with the name of his daughter written on it, along with a dead rat.
A brick was also thrown through the window of his office in Corning earlier this year.
Police continue to investigate both of those incidents.
Following the debate, both candidates spoke about how the debate went and what they thought of their opponent’s performance.
Tracy Mitrano reacts to Tuesday night’s debate
Rep. Tom Reed reacts to Tuesday night’s debate
- Newsfeed Now: Final preparations for Inauguration Day, Saints fans discuss possible Drew Brees retirement
- With supply limited, Monroe County no longer scheduling COVID-19 vaccine appointments
- Red Cross could use more convalescent plasma donations to help those with COVID-19
- 11 actions Biden has promised to take on ‘Day One’ as president
- Price, travel restrictions can’t deter Bills fans from AFC Championship experience