WISCONSIN (WSYR-TV) — The Wisconsin Supreme Court has rejected a request by Syracuse native and Green Party candidate Howie Hawkins to be added to November’s ballot.
Monday’s ruling clears the way for local clerks to resume mailing absentee ballots to more than one million voters who have requested one. Democrats had feared that adding Hawkins to the ballot would take votes away from Joe Biden.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Sisters of missing Canastota woman searching for answers
- Oneida County Health Department announces 3 potential COVID-19 exposures
- Watch: The Sunday Mass from the Syracuse Roman Catholic Diocese
- Employee at an Auburn restaurant tests positive for COVID-19
- Central New York reports lower COVID-19 positive rate than the state’s average Friday
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.