CHITTENANGO, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — The Your Stories Team has received a few emails from viewers asking about the status of the Chittenango Thruway Travel Plaza.
You’ll be happy to know, that it’s back open! It officially opened at 10 a.m. Monday.
The service center, located on I-90 westbound between exit 34 and exit 34A, had been closed for more than a year as crews built a new center.
This particular service center was of high interest because it features Chick-fil-A and Starbucks.
Chittenango is part of NYS Thruway Authority’s plan to rebuild 23 service centers and renovate four additional centers. It is a $450 million project, paid for with private funds. Chittenango is the second service center to be completed. Other rest areas, including Warners and DeWitt, are slated for construction in 2023.
Previous Your Stories:
- Your Stories Q&A: Popular I-81exit near Destiny USA, back open
- Your Stories Q&A: A solar farm is the new build in B’Ville
- Your Stories: Onondaga Road water main update
- Your Stories: Helping Hurricane Ian victims
- Your Stories Q&A: Will Hurricane Ian cause gas prices to climb?
- Your Stories Q&A: Do refinanced loans qualify for the student loan forgiveness program?
- Your Stories Q&A: Is a grocery store still on the market for Fayetteville?
- Your Stories Q&A: Why do gas prices vary from county to county?
- Your Stories: Angry Smokehouse to open next month
- Your Stories Q&A: An update on the former IHOP building in DeWitt
- Your Stories: Are you having trouble finding a pediatric vaccination appointment? Here’s where you can go
- Your Stories Q&A: Still waiting for STAR check? Check your mailbox
- Your Stories Q&A: Who paid for the Tesla chargers at Destiny USA?
- Your Stories Q&A: Are you still waiting for your homeowner tax rebate credit check?
- Your Stories: Where can I get a Moderna COVID booster shot?