DEWITT, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Drivers who use I-690 over Bridge Street tell the Your Stories team they are sick and tired of the construction that’s been going on since April.
At the time, the state’s transportation engineers promised the work would be done by December.
The State Department of Transportation is on pace to make its deadline. NewsChannel 9 is told the ramp from Bridge Street up to I-690 east will reopen sometime this week and all of the lanes up top are open in all directions.
A state spokesperson says the crews are waiting on good weather before they can move the equipment that is stored on the ramp. They also have to take down the detour signs and barricades that were put in place in April. That’s when work began on the $4 million project to rehab the bridge. At some points during this project, the highway was down to one lane and Bridge Street was closed completely at some points overnight.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- WATCH: Temperatures remain seasonably mild as rain arrives Sunday
- General public welcomed back to SU Carrier Dome
- Missing dog returned after running away when owner was unintentionally shot in the back
- VA Medical Center to offer Johnson and Johnson vaccine to veterans and their spouses
- Mental health training program begins at SUNY schools
For more local news, follow Andrew Donovan on Twitter @AndrewDonovan