ONONDAGA COUNTY, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — There is some good news for those of you who’ve been noticing more commericial jets flying over your homes. Syracuse Hancock International Airport says that work on a major safety upgrade has been completed.
The primary runway had to be shut down while the work was being done and on Tuesday, the airport tweeted a photo showing the completed work
Flight patterns will now return to normal.
Your Stories matter to NewsChannel 9. To submit a story idea or question, call (315) 446-9900, email YourStories@LocalSYR.com, post to social media with #YourStories, or use the submission form below.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Through adversity, Bills step up to the challenge with character win
- Jamie Foxx mourns death of sister DeOndra Dixon: ‘My heart is shattered’
- Rain didn’t deter voters from waiting as 1st weekday of early voting gets better turnout than the weekend days
- FORECAST: Cool and damp with scattered showers & patchy fog tonight
- WATCH: 22nd Congressional Debate
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.