MANLIUS, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) – You ask, we answer!
We have an update on a $5.2 million road construction project in Manlius. The finish line is near on this 8-month project that had you watching your wheels and your step at times.
Since last spring, crews have been working overnight milling and paving four inches of asphalt along a 1.2-mile stretch of State Route 92 (Fayette Street) and along State Route 173 (East Seneca Street).
New sidewalks, curb cuts, street parking, improved drainage and upgrades to traffic signals are also included in this project.
“The roadway improvement project in the village of Manlius remains on time and is scheduled to be completed by the end of this year. The work remaining consists of pavement markings, signs, and landscape work. As part of the project, a total of 60 trees and shrubs are being planted,” The NYSDOT said in an email to the Your Stories Team.
Crews were out last week planting trees on Routes 92 and 173.
The new trees replace the ones that were cut down last March, which upset people living in the village who were caught off guard and confused why the trees were being removed.
Have a question for the Your Stories Team?
Previous Your Stories:
- Your Stories Q&A: What’s that dirt near Syracuse Inner Harbor?
- Your Stories Q&A: Will natural gas customers pay more this winter compared to last?
- Your Stories Q&A: What’s the latest on bringing Delta Sonic to Clay?
- Your Stories Q&A: Rescue Mission donation centers no longer welcome at Wegmans
- Your Stories Q&A: What’s the status of a new grocery store coming to Fayetteville?
- Your Stories Q&A: Is Hobby Lobby still coming to Oswego?
- Your Stories Q&A: Auto parts chain moving into former Clay Thrift Store
- Your Stories Q&A: Can businesses in NY tack on a surcharge to those paying with credit cards?
- Your Stories Q&A: Will home heating oil cost you more this year compared to last?
- Your Stories Q&A: Why are there signs with QR codes around the city of Syracuse, what are they for?
- Your Stories Q&A: Latest on closed Electronics Pkwy Hotel in Salina
- Your Stories: Cicero neighborhood notified to make mailboxes taller to continue postal service
- Your Stories Q&A: $6 million Community Center planned for Mattydale
- Your Stories Q&A: A question about tickets for Lights on the Lake
- Your Stories Q&A: Here’s when Crumbl Cookies in Clay is set to open