BALDWINSVILLE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — We’re not blowing smoke with this update!
We’ve heard from a few of our viewers over the past several months, wanting to know when Angry Smokehouse in Baldwinsville would finally open. After months of delays, the barbeque restaurant opened its doors Tuesday, February, 21.
Owner Jeff Rogers, who also runs the very popular restaurant Angry Garlic in town, said it’s taken about a year to open his latest venture.
When we first reported on Angry Smokehouse last spring, Rogers had hoped to open by June. He then told us he was aiming for fall, but that didn’t happen. Rogers said there were delays in construction, getting a liquor license and other issues during the rehab process.
Angry Smokehouse is in the old Lock 24 restaurant on Water Street.
Rogers spent weeks on the road last summer touring BBQ restaurants in Texas, Missouri, Tennessee, and North and South Carolina. He said customers should expect a menu that is true Midwest and southern BBQ inspired.
Rogers expects large crowds for the first few weeks. He took to social media to ask for patience as he and his team launch.
Previous Your Stories:
- Why have trees been removed in Manlius?
- Your Stories Q&A: Sephora moving into former Panera Bread in Fayetteville
- Your Stories Q&A: How can I block robotexts?
- Your Stories Q&A: Has Syracuse made progress fixing dark street lights on I-690?
- Your Stories Q&A: New restaurant approved for closed Friendly’s in DeWitt
- Your Stories Q&A: Gas prices slowly dropping in N.Y., but for how long?
- Your Stories Q&A: When will Corso’s Cookies factory store open in North Syracuse?
- Your Stories Q&A: When will this railroad crossing in the Town of DeWitt get repaired?
- Your Stories Q&A: A push to make daylight saving time permanent
- Your Stories Q&A: Mailbox mystery on I-481
- Your Stories Q&A: New plans for an abandoned plaza near Central Square
- Your Stories Q&A: Apartments and retail development coming to Clay
- Your Stories Q&A: How to report a pothole
- Your Stories Q&A: New life for old Kmart stores?
- Your Stories Q&A: Who’s responsible to clear sidewalks in Clay?