CLAY, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) – We have an update for our latest Your Stories Q&A!
Last March, we told you about the ground being cleared on Henry Clay Blvd. near Route 31. The Syracuse Reality Group is building a mixed-use development that will include apartments and retail.
Earlier this month, construction began on phase 1 of the project, which prompted more questions to the YS Team on what’s being built.
Its Managing Member, Ozzie Crisalli, said the 15-acre site will feature two apartment buildings and three commercial buildings.
The construction being noticed as people drive by the site is the start of the first retail building.
Crisalli said it will take about 8 to 9 months to complete the 9,500 SF building. He said that the building is already 75% leased. Crisalli added that he currently couldn’t disclose who’s moving in.
Crisalli said the next construction project will be the first apartment building. He estimated it would start later this fall. He anticipated it would take about 12 to 14 months to complete.
Crisalli said each apartment building will have 48 apartments. He said one and two-bedroom, pet-friendly units will be available for lease.
Crisalli said the Clay Marketplace had been in the works for about three years, but the Micron news put the project in high gear. He said interest from businesses and future tenants increased once Micron made its historic commitment to Central New York.
Previous Your Stories:
- Your Stories Q&A: Cicero Chick-fil-A closes for a month to remodel
- Your Stories: What’s going on with St. Joseph’s Health and UnitedHealthcare?
- Your Stories Q&A: Would a government shutdown impact Social Security?
- Your Stories Q&A: Security upgrades made to Manlius Swan Pond
- Your Stories Q&A: What’s “coming soon” to former Mattydale Pizza Hut?
- Free at-home COVID tests are back: Here’s how to get yours
- Your Stories Q&A: What’s next for the former Tim Hortons site in Clay?
- Route 290 tracks in DeWitt removed, road has reopened
- Your Stories Q&A: Update on transforming former Will and Baumer site
- Your Stories Q&A: The plans for a vacant gas station in Westvale
- Your Stories Q&A: Construction starts on development in Clay
- Your Stories Q&A: When will new Great Northern owner fix the potholes?
- Your Stories Q&A: More WellNow Urgent Cares “temporarily closed”
- Your Stories Q&A: Here’s what’s being built near Cicero Walmart
- Your Stories Q&A: What’s being built near former Erie Blvd Pizza Hut?