SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) – The Your Stories Team has an update to that mysterious lane closure on the Midler Avenue bridge in Syracuse.
In mid-October, we answered questions as to why a southbound lane on the bridge has been closed for months. The NYSDOT said a truck traveling on I-690 hit the bridge back in June. As a precaution, the right southbound lane on the bridge was closed until repairs could be made.
We now know work on the bridge will start Monday, October 30th.
In a news release, the NYSDOT said the Midler Avenue bridge would be closed until Thursday, November 2nd.
The NYSDOT lists the following detour:
Signed detours will be in place directing northbound traffic on Midler Avenue to I-690 eastbound to the Thompson interchange (Exit 16N) to I-690 eastbound to Midler Avenue (Exit 15). Southbound traffic will be directed to Burnet Avenue to I-690 westbound to the Teall interchange (Exit 14) to I-690 eastbound to Midler Avenue (exit 15).
In addition to the bridge closure, I-690 eastbound will also be impacted. traffic traveling in that direction will be reduced to one lane near the bridge from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Previous Your Stories:
- Your Stories Q&A: Is Hobby Lobby still coming to Oswego?
- Your Stories Q&A: Auto parts chain moving into former Clay Thrift Store
- Your Stories Q&A: Can businesses in NY tack on a surcharge to those paying with credit cards?
- Your Stories Q&A: Will home heating oil cost you more this year compared to last?
- Your Stories Q&A: Why are there signs with QR codes around the city of Syracuse, what are they for?
- Your Stories Q&A: Latest on closed Electronics Pkwy Hotel in Salina
- Your Stories: Cicero neighborhood notified to make mailboxes taller to continue postal service
- Your Stories Q&A: $6 million Community Center planned for Mattydale
- Your Stories Q&A: A question about tickets for Lights on the Lake
- Your Stories Q&A: Here’s when Crumbl Cookies in Clay is set to open
- Your Stories Q&A: 1920s cemetery chapel demolished in Lyncourt
- Your Stories Q&A: What’s being built at Bear and Buckley Roads in Clay?
- Your Stories Q&A: Why has work stopped on the new Manlius Starbucks?
- Your Stories: Fluctuating gas prices at neighboring pumps
- Your Stories Q&A: How far will gas prices drop?