CAMILLUS, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — For more than a year, the Your Stories Team has fielded questions about the closed Applebees in the Camillus Commons off West Genesee Street.
Early on, the questions were about what’s next for the closed Applebees. Once we learned Rochester based Adelita’s Mexican Cocina & Tequila was moving in, the questions focused on when it might open.
This once hot spot, is hot again! The owner of Adelita’s said it had its soft opening on Friday, Nov. 3.
The owner said the crowds have been great and that the Camillus location was busier last weekend than its two Rochester spots. There was even a wait on Tuesday night, which is typically a slow night in the restaurant business.
The owners had to be patient in opening its Camillus location because its plans to open over the summer were delayed due to construction on the adjoining Starbucks. There was also a delay in getting a liquor license.
The restaurant is open daily, starting at 11 a.m., seven days a week.
In the future, you could see another Adelita’s location pop up in Central New York as the owners said they would like to open a fourth location, and the Syracuse region is on its radar.
We’ll keep you updated on when the adjoining will open.
Have a question for the Your Stories Team?
Previous Your Stories:
- Your Stories Q&A: Will home heating oil cost you more this year compared to last?
- Your Stories Q&A: Why are there signs with QR codes around the city of Syracuse, what are they for?
- Your Stories Q&A: Latest on closed Electronics Pkwy Hotel in Salina
- Your Stories: Cicero neighborhood notified to make mailboxes taller to continue postal service
- Your Stories Q&A: $6 million Community Center planned for Mattydale
- Your Stories Q&A: A question about tickets for Lights on the Lake
- Your Stories Q&A: Here’s when Crumbl Cookies in Clay is set to open
- Your Stories Q&A: 1920s cemetery chapel demolished in Lyncourt
- Your Stories Q&A: What’s being built at Bear and Buckley Roads in Clay?
- Your Stories Q&A: Why has work stopped on the new Manlius Starbucks?
- Your Stories: Fluctuating gas prices at neighboring pumps
- Your Stories Q&A: How far will gas prices drop?
- Your Stories Q&A: Here’s what’s next for this closed North Syracuse Bowling Alley
- Your Stories Q&A: Mexican restaurant now open in former Camillus Applebees
- What’s being built at the old GJP Italian Eatery in Fulton?