TOWN OF DEWITT, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — You ask, we answer!
The Your Stories Team has received a handful of questions regarding the closed Friendly’s at the intersection of Erie Blvd E and Bridge Street in the Town of DeWitt.
The viewers wanted to know what’s next for the restaurant that closed in 2019.
According to the Town of Dewitt’s Planning and Zoning Department, Rachel’s Mediterranean Grill has been approved for this location.
The plan calls for the former Friendly’s to be renovated into a two-tenant building. During the Town’s planning approval process, the developer proposed having a gym as the second tenant. However, the Planning and Zoning Department believed the gym is no longer in the running to be the second tenant.
Rachel’s Grill is based in Western New York, with several locations in the state. It dishes out pita wraps and bowls.
On the company’s website, it shows two locations are “coming soon” to the Syracuse location: DeWitt and Fairmount.
The Town of DeWitt did not have a start date for construction.
The Your Stories Team has reached out to Rachel’s for more information. We will pass along any updates when we hear back.
Previous Your Stories:
- Your Stories Q&A: A question regarding Syracuse’s new garbage cans
- Baldwinsville Pop Warner cheer team finds temporary practice space
- Your Stories Q&A: What’s next for former Franciscan Convent?
- Your Stories Q&A: What’s the latest on plan to bring Chick-fil-A to DeWitt?
- Your Stories Q&A: With Walgreens closed, is Canastota trying to land another pharmacy?
- Your Stories Q&A: WellNow Urgent Care “temporarily closed” in Cortland
- Your Stories Q&A: More plans revealed for land near abandoned plaza in Central Square
- Your Stories Q&A: Is a new marina coming to Onondaga Lake?
- Why have trees been removed in Manlius?
- Your Stories Q&A: Sephora moving into former Panera Bread in Fayetteville
- Your Stories Q&A: How can I block robotexts?
- Your Stories Q&A: Has Syracuse made progress fixing dark street lights on I-690?
- Your Stories Q&A: New restaurant approved for closed Friendly’s in DeWitt
- Your Stories Q&A: Gas prices slowly dropping in N.Y., but for how long?
- Your Stories Q&A: When will Corso’s Cookies factory store open in North Syracuse?