TOWN OF CLAY, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) – You ask, we answer!
The Your Stories team has been asked for months about when the roads at Great Northern Mall will be ridden of its potholes, and now, we are finally seeing some changes.
After nearly five months since Guy Hart, of Hart-Lyman Companies, announced he was taking over the Great Northern Mall property, the roads aren’t rocky anymore.
On Thursday, Oct. 5, NewsChannel 9 made a stop over at the mall to see the progress made since our last update in September, when crews had marked some of the potholes for repair. To our surprise, most of the giant craters on the outer road leading to BJ’s have been filled.
There still are some smaller potholes that aren’t as bad that haven’t been filled, however, the majority of the potential tire-popping ones have been filled.
In September, Hart told the Your Stories team that it was his wish to have all the potholes filled before the Town of Clay hosts its Community Fall Fest & Community Fireworks on Saturday, Oct. 7.
Fall festival events at the Great Northern Mall will begin at 4:00 p.m. on Saturday with fireworks starting at 7:00 p.m.
More information on the festival can be found here.
Previous Your Stories:
- Your Stories Q&A: What’s that dirt near Syracuse Inner Harbor?
- Your Stories Q&A: Will natural gas customers pay more this winter compared to last?
- Your Stories Q&A: What’s the latest on bringing Delta Sonic to Clay?
- Your Stories Q&A: Rescue Mission donation centers no longer welcome at Wegmans
- Your Stories Q&A: What’s the status of a new grocery store coming to Fayetteville?
- Your Stories Q&A: Is Hobby Lobby still coming to Oswego?
- Your Stories Q&A: Auto parts chain moving into former Clay Thrift Store
- Your Stories Q&A: Can businesses in NY tack on a surcharge to those paying with credit cards?
- Your Stories Q&A: Will home heating oil cost you more this year compared to last?
- Your Stories Q&A: Why are there signs with QR codes around the city of Syracuse, what are they for?
- Your Stories Q&A: Latest on closed Electronics Pkwy Hotel in Salina
- Your Stories: Cicero neighborhood notified to make mailboxes taller to continue postal service
- Your Stories Q&A: $6 million Community Center planned for Mattydale
- Your Stories Q&A: A question about tickets for Lights on the Lake
- Your Stories Q&A: Here’s when Crumbl Cookies in Clay is set to open