SALINA, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — You ask, we answer!
Some of our viewers have been asking for an update you on an historic site in Salina.
What’s the latest on rehabbing the old Will and Baumer candle factory?
Changing history is a slow process, but there’s movement.
The old factory located at 100 Buckley Road near Old Liverpool Road has been vacant for years.
Pascarella Development purchased the property in 2021.
It has a three-phase plan for the property. Apartments, a rec. or sports complex, office space and a brewery and pizza restaurant. The first phase calls for a 100-unit multi-family lofts. According to the renderings, the apartments will be called, Urban Village.
Vittorio Pascarella, VP of PDM Estates, said the first 20 apartments are close to opening. He said there’s been construction delays and are waiting on National Grid, but he’s hopeful to start leasing the first set of apartments by the end of the year.
Pascarella said his goal is to have 33 additional apartments completed sometime next year.
He said that his company has been contacted by people inquiring about the future apartments. And adding that people interested should visit their website for contact information.
The other phases of the project still need Town of Salina approval. Pascarella said it could take five to six years to finish the entire project.
Pascarella hopes to have announcement soon on how the iconic smokestack will be incorporated into the redevelopment. In our original story in May of 2022, Pascarella said the smokestack could be the site for the brewery and pizza restaurant.
Previous Your Stories:
- Your Stories Q&A: When will this 81 exit ramp near Destiny USA be repaired?
- Your Stories Q&A: What’s that dirt near Syracuse Inner Harbor?
- Your Stories Q&A: Will natural gas customers pay more this winter compared to last?
- Your Stories Q&A: What’s the latest on bringing Delta Sonic to Clay?
- Your Stories Q&A: Rescue Mission donation centers no longer welcome at Wegmans
- Your Stories Q&A: What’s the status of a new grocery store coming to Fayetteville?
- Your Stories Q&A: Is Hobby Lobby still coming to Oswego?
- Your Stories Q&A: Auto parts chain moving into former Clay Thrift Store
- Your Stories Q&A: Can businesses in NY tack on a surcharge to those paying with credit cards?
- Your Stories Q&A: Will home heating oil cost you more this year compared to last?
- Your Stories Q&A: Why are there signs with QR codes around the city of Syracuse, what are they for?
- Your Stories Q&A: Latest on closed Electronics Pkwy Hotel in Salina
- Your Stories: Cicero neighborhood notified to make mailboxes taller to continue postal service
- Your Stories Q&A: $6 million Community Center planned for Mattydale
- Your Stories Q&A: A question about tickets for Lights on the Lake