TOWN OF CLAY, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — We’ve heard from several viewers wanting to know what’s next for the old Tim Hortons at the corner of Routes 31 and 57.
According to Clay’s Planning Commissioner, Mark Territo, a Splash Car Wash will be built on this lot.
The site plan for the car wash was approved in July of last year.
Territo didn’t have an exact timeline on when the car wash would open, but estimated the company would likely target a spring opening.
News of another car wash coming to Clay may not be welcomed news for those who think the town already has too many.
The new Splash will be the third car wash near that intersection. A Niagara Car Wash and Precision Wash are both located on Route 31, not far from Route 57.
This will also be the second Splash Car Wash in Clay. Splash acquired the 4 Seasons Car Wash on Route 57 near Wetzel Road.
There’s also a proposal to bring a Delta Sonic to the Cor Center shopping plaza off Route 31. Territo said that plan is still making its way through the planning board process.
So, you will have plenty of options to wash your wheels in Clay.
Previous Your Stories:
- Your Stories Q&A: When will this 81 exit ramp near Destiny USA be repaired?
- Your Stories Q&A: What’s that dirt near Syracuse Inner Harbor?
- Your Stories Q&A: Will natural gas customers pay more this winter compared to last?
- Your Stories Q&A: What’s the latest on bringing Delta Sonic to Clay?
- Your Stories Q&A: Rescue Mission donation centers no longer welcome at Wegmans
- Your Stories Q&A: What’s the status of a new grocery store coming to Fayetteville?
- Your Stories Q&A: Is Hobby Lobby still coming to Oswego?
- Your Stories Q&A: Auto parts chain moving into former Clay Thrift Store
- Your Stories Q&A: Can businesses in NY tack on a surcharge to those paying with credit cards?
- Your Stories Q&A: Will home heating oil cost you more this year compared to last?
- Your Stories Q&A: Why are there signs with QR codes around the city of Syracuse, what are they for?
- Your Stories Q&A: Latest on closed Electronics Pkwy Hotel in Salina
- Your Stories: Cicero neighborhood notified to make mailboxes taller to continue postal service
- Your Stories Q&A: $6 million Community Center planned for Mattydale
- Your Stories Q&A: A question about tickets for Lights on the Lake