TOWN OF VAN BUREN N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — You ask, we answer!
The Your Stories Team continues to get questions about closed Pizza Huts.
In the past year, the YS Team has fielded questions about closed Pizza Huts in Cortland, DeWitt, Mattydale and other spots in Central New York.
Recently, a few of our viewers reached out asking about construction work happening on the former Pizza Hut located just outside the Village of Baldwinsville.
Onondaga County records show the property at 2239 Downer Street Road sold in March of 2022 for $280,000.
An employee in the code enforcement office for the Town of Van Buren told the YS Team the new owner is making some minor renovations, trying to make the building look less like a classic Pizza Hut.
It’s not clear what’s next for the building. The town said the owner is trying to figure out what type of business would work in this space.
One potential business mentioned to the town was a smoke shop, but that could just be smoke, given nothing has officially been submitted to the town.
We’ll keep tabs on this project and update you at later date.
Previous Your Stories:
- Your Stories Q&A: Will natural gas customers pay more this winter compared to last?
- Your Stories Q&A: What’s the latest on bringing Delta Sonic to Clay?
- Your Stories Q&A: Rescue Mission donation centers no longer welcome at Wegmans
- Your Stories Q&A: What’s the status of a new grocery store coming to Fayetteville?
- Your Stories Q&A: Is Hobby Lobby still coming to Oswego?
- Your Stories Q&A: Auto parts chain moving into former Clay Thrift Store
- Your Stories Q&A: Can businesses in NY tack on a surcharge to those paying with credit cards?
- Your Stories Q&A: Will home heating oil cost you more this year compared to last?
- Your Stories Q&A: Why are there signs with QR codes around the city of Syracuse, what are they for?
- Your Stories Q&A: Latest on closed Electronics Pkwy Hotel in Salina
- Your Stories: Cicero neighborhood notified to make mailboxes taller to continue postal service
- Your Stories Q&A: $6 million Community Center planned for Mattydale
- Your Stories Q&A: A question about tickets for Lights on the Lake
- Your Stories Q&A: Here’s when Crumbl Cookies in Clay is set to open
- Your Stories Q&A: 1920s cemetery chapel demolished in Lyncourt