SALINA, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Last November, The Your Stories Team was the first to tell you about a plan to bring Starbucks to the Town of Salina.
It would be the first Starbucks for the town.
Viewer Donna Luce recently wrote the YS Team hoping for an update, asking:
I was wondering if there is any update on the new Starbucks that was to be built on Buckley Road, just off the 7th North Street and Bucky Road intersection?
Town of Salina Planning and Development Director Mark Lafaver, said as far as he knows the plan to bring a Starbucks to the corner of Elwood Davis and Buckley Roads is still a go.
Lafaver said nothing official has been brought to the town’s planning board, however, he’s been in contact with the property owner and the plan hasn’t changed.
The Your Stories Team contacted Starbucks and the property owner for an update, but we have not heard back yet.
While this vacant parking lot sits empty for now, there is movement on two other Starbucks locations in Onondaga County.
Previous Your Stories:
- Your Stories Q&A: Why some COVID-19 vaccine appointments are being canceled
- Your Stories Q&A: Cicero Chick-fil-A closes for a month to remodel
- Your Stories: What’s going on with St. Joseph’s Health and UnitedHealthcare?
- Your Stories Q&A: Would a government shutdown impact Social Security?
- Your Stories Q&A: Security upgrades made to Manlius Swan Pond
- Your Stories Q&A: What’s “coming soon” to former Mattydale Pizza Hut?
- Free at-home COVID tests are back: Here’s how to get yours
- Your Stories Q&A: What’s next for the former Tim Hortons site in Clay?
- Route 290 tracks in DeWitt removed, road has reopened
- Your Stories Q&A: Update on transforming former Will and Baumer site
- Your Stories Q&A: The plans for a vacant gas station in Westvale
- Your Stories Q&A: Construction starts on development in Clay
- Your Stories Q&A: When will new Great Northern owner fix the potholes?
- Your Stories Q&A: More WellNow Urgent Cares “temporarily closed”
- Your Stories Q&A: Here’s what’s being built near Cicero Walmart