LIVERPOOL, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — A spot that served pizza for decades in the Village of Liverpool will soon be dishing out Middle Eastern cuisine.
The Your Stories Team was recently asked when The Kabob House will open.
Opening soon signs are up in the window at this restaurant at the corner of Tulip and Oswego Streets. The new restaurant is opening in the former Pizza Villa, which closed during the pandemic.
Faye Aboshreakh, co-owner of The Kabob House, said the plan was to open in May but construction to transform the inside is taking longer than expected.
Aboshreakh said she anticipates the new restaurant will open in a few weeks to a month. She said it will be a sit-down restaurant with about 15 to 20 tables. She said her family chose the Liverpool building to open a restaurant because they liked the location.
This will be the second restaurant for the Aboshreakh family. They also run the Mediterranean Combo on Marshall Street near Syracuse University.
Aboshreakh said some of the fan favorites at that Mediterranean Combo will also be served at The Kabob House.
Do you have a Your Stories suggestion?
Previous Your Stories:
- Your Stories: Chevy Court vs. Chevy Park at NYS Fair
- Your Stories: Is the drop about to stop at the pump?
- Your Stories Q&A: Do I need to wear a mask at the NYS Fair?
- Your Stories Q&A: Major paving project slated for Manlius
- Your Stories: No, Grandma Brown’s Baked Beans hasn’t resumed production
- Your Stories Q&A: Open doors at a closed store grabs attention in Mattydale
- Your Stories Q&A: Don’t count on a countdown outside the NYS Fair this year
- Your Stories Q&A: Construction on the corner of Wetzel Road and Henry Clay Boulevard?
- Your Stories Q&A: Are you still waiting for your homeowner tax rebate credit check?
- Your Stories Q&A: Will the JetBlue nonstop flight from Syracuse to Orlando return?
- Your Stories Q&A: An update on two popular exit ramps near Destiny USA
- Your Stories Q&A: Park-N-Ride options remain limited for NYS State Fair due to driver shortage
- Your Stories Q&A: Why are NY gas prices nearly $.35 more than the national average?
- Your Stories Q&A: When will The Kabob House restaurant open in Liverpool
- Your Stories Q&A: Storage in store for new building near SYR airport